
Just two weeks ago it was a Friday night and I went to this part my friends were throwing. it was there that I saw and met Robi for the first time. LIttle did I know that this was going to be our last encounter. Just this past weekend, Robi was longboarding down the Provo Canyon Trail with friends when he lost control, fell straight on his head and was knocked unconscious. He was then airflighted to the hospital but pronounced dead. I didn't know this man really well but I was in his ward last year. I knew his friends. One of my best friends was dating his roommate so there were some connections, there were some ties but now he is gone.
I have had some really good friends of mine get in serious longboarding accidents where they are rushed to the hospital, knocked unconscious or had gotten into an accident that cause so much internal damage they had to relearn how to read and write. This accidents happen more than one knows and a lot of these accidents are because people aren't wearing helmets. They are off with their friends, crusing down the Provo Canyon Trail and something happens which cause them to lose their balance. More times than not, when one falls there's serious repercussions. Some so serious that the life os someone is taken. I think people need to be smarter. People need to prtect their heads. Ya, this might not be the cool, trendy thing to do but when it comes to life or death situations is that really going to matter?
Obviously I am not the only one who finds this to be a serious problem in our local area. Longboarders have been banned and limited to certain restrictions when going down the trail. People are being overly cautious to protect the people from harm.
Different people from the community in this clip express their views and concerns with the current situation. Sometimes it takes something big like the death of an aquaintance to really open up the yees of those around. This incident happening in Thursday did just this for me. I can't even imagine being the parents. I can;t even imagine losing a close friend, a roommate. I can't even imagine thinking that would be the last time I would see that person. I can;t even imagine having my life flash before me as I was about to fall. I can;t even imagine paxking up my roommates things knowing he wont be there any longer. All of these things could have been prevented if he would have done one things. But why say you could have, should have would have. Because we have the gospel in our lives we know that this was his time. We might not understand it but the Lord must need him on the other side.
As I hear more tragic stories about this, it makes me want to take more of stand and make a difference. I guess that's what you could a journalist.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8452265
No comments:
Post a Comment