
Adam Lambert, who is he? I didn't know up until today. I was driving home and my mom told me about the former runner-up on American Idol performed this racy number on the American Music Awards. He made a mark because news, twitter and blogs are all talking about this one man.
Lets start with twitter... Adam Lambert is currently a trending topic along with New Moon and Allen Iverson. Surprise? No. Once one person does anything to shake up the social media, people are all over it. The news spreads and people talk. Here's what some are saying...
Adam Lambert has a new fan. =)
Waiting to watch Adam Lambert on Letterman. Then I try to sleep for the night. Will I be able to?
Adam Lambert? Ain't he that fag who kissed some guy at the AMA's and basically put a guys face into his junk?
Listening to Adam Lambert. You know even though his performance was disturbing his still very talented i'd say.
#iamthankfulfor God, for created such a beautiful person like Adam Lambert x)
Those were just a couple tweets that people are currently posting as I type. I decided to write one about Adam Lambert and the fact that he was appearing on Letterman. Everyone else was doing it and I wanted to see how many people would tweet about the same thing seconds after me. There were 10 within the next couple minutes. Apparently, everyone else had that same idea to tweet about that. He is on the Letterman show so people were going crazy with their tweets about what they were waiting to witness on television. Oh the beauty of Twitter. If you want to know about any on topic in particular, go on Twitter and you can find out from hundreds of different sources the inside scoop. I heard about the scandal but did I know he was on Letterman? No. It wasn't until I saw the thousands of tweets. So, thousands might be an exaggeration but their was a lot.
And then there's the performance and all the shows that reported on Adam's scandalous acts at the American Music Awards. The View, ABC, CBS and the Letterman Show (as previously stated) are just a few who spoke out about this issue. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone wants to be heard. Lets look at all the comments made on some of the videos posted on the web.
He went straight to a genre that's going to kill his career. He'd be much better off in a metal band. His actions at the AMA only made me dislike him more. I get it, he's openly gay, but all that crap the AMA's was over the line. I don't want to turn on my tv and see him swapping spit with another guy or thrusting his hips into a dude's face. He needs to get control of himself.
Me and my friend are 14 years old and we are like seriously THE BIGGEST Adam Lambert fans. We have already memorized every song in his new album... we are still huge fans but you are right he shouldn't have done that at the AMA's. His excuse was "It's okay if girls do it but it's just cause I'm gay that's why it's wrong?" There are a lot of female preformers who do do stuff like that and it wasn't because Adam was gay that it was wrong.. it's just that wasn't appropriate for the time and place.
modern day boy george!!! what a twat for his outlandish behavior! for someone who just started out this was the waaaay wrong way to go son!
so before all the accusations of homophobia continues just think about this, its not about the fact that he's gay. Its the fact that his actions were visible to a family audience on broadcast television. That type of programming is geared towards a family audience that could include very young children. And while it was late in the east coast, it was still early in the west coast. The kissing that went on with Britney, and Madonna was on Cable television. Standards are different. Ask the Fcc.
This is a total Bull Sh%&! issue. Any of you that love music should value artistic expression whether you love the artist or not. You gotta realize that they treated Elvis, the Beatles, The Doors, Bowie and even Madonna with disdain when their career first began. Adan's performance was not that big a deal, it was just Adam being Adam. The nutty over reaction just means it is time to break down some barriers and let in new artistic expression - let Freedom Reign!
videos posted on the web.
Oh the beauty of public forums. You see that a lot on the web. A video is posted, people comment and express their difference in opinions. Everyone has a statement about matters especially if they are willing to take the time to further investigate a certain topic. On one website there's already over 500 comments and how long has it been since that video was posted or since Adam Lambert performed? Not long. If you google search Adam Lambert tons of results pop up about this issue. There's over a million blog posts about this man. If he wanted to create a buzz cause a stir he definitely accomplished it. I hadn't heard of him, I stopped watching American Idol after the third season but I now know who this guy is. So, if that's what he's going for than I hate to admit it and give him that glory, but his mission was accomplished. The beauty of the Internet and mass communication. Nothing escapes the media. So if you plan on doing something provocative, unorthodox or scandalous you might want to think twice. What you might think is between you and a few people or you and the audience can translate to millions and millions of people. I wouldn't have known about this issue if it wasn't for the thousands of people later talking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment