
Twitter is new to me. Up until this semester I had heard about this thing but never expressed any desire to subscribe. I already had facebook. Why would I want one more thing? And what's with this whole tweeting business anyhow.
Today, I wouldn't call myself no expert but I have a grasp of this online program thanks to a class where the number of times I tweet is represented through a grade. While I still haven't fully entered and emerged into this tweeting world, I am getting more used to how this program functions, why more people are using it and what benefits it has to the social world.
In the NY Times today Twitter joined with it's ally LinkedIn to continue it's spread across the web. “Twitter is not only a massively open platform, but also it’s a place where there’s a tremendous amount of professional information already being shared, and we wanted to be sure that was coming to our LinkedIn user base,” said Allen Blue, LinkedIn’s co-founder and vice president of product strategy. Microsoft and Google claimed they would incorporate tweets into their search results. By joining these two companies it will become more of a powerhouse. In the article it talked about how it will have a broader reach especially in the professional world. They aren't sure how well this will start off or how much revenue they will be making right off but it is worth the try.
Isn't the power of the people amazing? People can express or share their ideas about whatever they desire and millions of other viewers can be connected to that. Even this thing called a blog, (which I am currently using) has made a huge impact in the advertising and social networking world over the past couple years. Someone who started a business, created a blog and found a million followers interested in their work are now millionaires. Now that's saying something. In my opinion, the power lies more in the average everyday person more than ever and what a great opportunity that is. The power lies in our hands.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/tweets-are-coming-to-linkedin/?ref=technology
1 comment:
I agree, I wasn't too into Twitter at first, but now I am seeing it's advantages.
Post a Comment